|Monday, 17 May 2010 06:47
Here are some great tips for any of your
advertisers who question why they should bid on their own brand
Here are the benefits of running paid listings for your own
company or product names.
- Relatively low cost, compared to other search terms.
- High ROI -- obviously, these people are looking for you and you
want to capture them.
- Your ads will push competitors' ads lower on the search engine
results page. I'm always a fan of taking up as much geography
in the search engines as possible!
- More control over messaging and links -- it's easier to have
your listing say what you want it to say, and link to the
ideal page on your site, with PPC as opposed to your organic
- When you have a top paid and organic listing, you look like the
market leader, whether or not you are.
- There's an intangible credibility factor that kicks in -- your
prospect thinks, "Wow, these guys are everywhere -- they must be
the big player in this category, so I'd better check them
out!" Research has found that not only are searchers who see
paid plus organic listings more than twice as likely to
click on one of the listings, but they're also
disproportionately likely to convert on your site.
- Not holding the #1 spot (organic or paid) is like letting your
competitor put their sign over yours in front of your store.